Our Local Delivery Policy
Houston Wine Merchant is happy to deliver wine and spirits to your home or business within a limited delivery area. We work with a local courier service to deliver your gifts, baskets, or special orders right to your door. You can place orders directly through our website or you may call in if you you would like personal assistance with making your selections.
Some things to consider before chosing local delivery:
- The recipient must be at least 21 years old and is required to sign for the package upon delivery.
- Delivery charge is based on the destination ZIP code and assumes that you wish our most economical delivery rate - which is within a 6-hour window during the next weekday (Monday-Friday inclusive).
- If you require faster service or delivery on a Saturday, please phone us at 713-524-3397 to arrange for a delivery quote.
- We require a contact number for the recipient of a local delivery, so that the courier driver may contact them in the event of a problem.
- Refused deliveries, incorrect addresses, inaccessible properties (locked gates) and the like will incur a non-refundable return fee from our courier.
- Gift wrap packaging is available on all orders within the Greater Houston Area.
- Houston is Hot! If you wish to send gifts during the warmer months you assume the risk of your wine being cooked. We recommend using same day or next day delivery options, waiting until a cooler month to ship out your wines, or having gifts delivered to a business address where someone can easily sign for the package and take it indoors in order to avoid the heat as much as possible. Please note that if you elect to ship during the warmer months (May- August), you are assuming the risk that the wines might be spoiled in the shipping process. Please be advised Houston Wine Merchant will take no responsibility for such damage, and as such no refunds nor returns will be accepted.
Houston Wine Merchant: 713.524.3397
2646 S. Shepherd Drive Houston, TX 77098